Tuesday, August 14, 2012

On to the Next! Updates and other foolishness...

Wow, how quickly two whole months go by!

After four months, I decided to take a break from virtual training to go my own way.  Fitness has become a top priority in my life ever since I set a goal of living a healthier, more active lifestyle.  However, I need to re-evaluate my goals.  I have been neglecting myself in a way I can't really explain.  I'll just say that my soul is sad.  I have not made time for hobbies that used to make me feel happy and productive, like I was tapping into who I was created to be.  Yeah, really. 

My sewing machine is no longer in commission.  While I'm saving for a brand new one, I turned my attention to my second-favorite hobby--painting.  I devised a plan to spend Friday nights with my paints, a glass of moscato, and some great tunes while I transfer my deepest dreams to canvas.  I set out to start this ritual last Friday night.  And then my son got sick.  And then he was up late with a tummy ache.  And I was up with him, trying to coax him to sleep.  And then I didn't really feel like painting anymore, or doing much of anything for that matter.

This happens all the time.  I come up with a plan and I get stoked.  And then stuff happens and my plans get derailed and I don't know how to feel the way I did before-- like conquering the world.

If you come across a remedy for this, fling it my way.  Please?  Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see your paintings! Do you finish a painting all in one session or do you do a little at a time? Maybe you can finish in steps. I'm working on a painting now, but I'm just copying a famous artist. I'm never happy with my own paintings....guess it's not really my medium. Anyway...yay craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey L,

      Sorry for the delayed response. Once I start a painting--or any other crafty project-- I tend to keep going until I'm done. I have issues painting in moderation. I get a vision and I get so excited to see it come together! I can't wait to see your painting. Yay craftiness indeed! I'll drink (a glass of water) to that!

      Delete